What personal information we collect
We may collect the following personal information:
· Name and title
· Contact information including email address, mailing address, phone number or fax number
· Demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests
· Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the personal information we gather
We collect personal information to gauge interest in MEND Foundation’ services, to understand your needs, and provide you with a better service. In particular, we may use this information for the following reasons:
· for internal record keeping
· to improve our products and services
· to periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers, fundraising efforts or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address that you provided
· to possibly contact you for market research or fundraising purposes, which we may do by email, phone, fax or mail
· to customize our website according to your interests
To do these things, we may share your personal information with our affiliates, business partners or others who work for us such as service providers, vendors, contractors and agents, but we will not otherwise disclose your information to third parties.
We are committed to securing your personal information. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, MEND Foundation does not warrant or represent that its level of security meets or exceeds any particular standard. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free.
MEND Foundation may use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to enhance the information we have about your preferences and to learn about your visit. A cookie is a piece of information that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie allows MEND Foundation to determine that a visit has occurred within our site, as well as which pages were viewed. Cookies are not used to identify you and will not collect personal information. You can decide if and how your computer will accept cookies by configuring your preferences option within your web browser. If you choose to decline cookies, however, some of the functionality of this website may be impaired. Web beacons, also known as clear gifs and web bugs, allow us to recognize a cookie on your computer when you view a web page or email. These electronic images help us measure the effectiveness of our online advertising and/or email campaigns by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit our website or the number of individuals who open or act upon an email message.
Also, MEND Foundation’s server may automatically collect data about the user's server’s Internet address, when the user visits us. This information, known as an Internet Protocol Address, or IP Address, is a number that’s automatically assigned to a user’s computer by your Internet service provider whenever you’re on the Internet. In addition to logging a user’s IP Address and sometimes its domain name, our server may also record the referring page that linked such user to us (e.g., another website or a search engine), the pages visited within the MEND Foundation website, how long you stay logged into the MEND Foundation website, the website or service a user visits after it has left Mend Foundation website, other information about users’ computers and their settings, any search terms users have entered into the MEND Foundation website, and other web usage activity and data. We use this information for internal purposes, such as to administer the MEND FOUNDATION website. Such information may also be used to gather broad demographic information.
We may use service providers to perform any or all of these activities on our behalf.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information thatyou provide while visiting such sites. Such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statement applicable to every other website you visit.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
· If you voluntarily provided us with your personal information or previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes and/or fundraising, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com. Other than as described above, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
What Happens to Your Information if There is a Change of Control or Sale of Assets
In the event of a corporate change in control resulting from, for example, a sale to, or merger with another entity, or in the event of a sale of assets, MEND FOUNDATION reserves the right to transfer your personal information to the new party in control or the party acquiring assets.
Questions or Concerns
This policy is effective March 15, 2009.